Documenting Your Experience during the Coronavirus Outbreak
The Kalamazoo College Archives invites students (and faculty and staff) to document their personal experiences during the COVID-19 crisis. Daily life under a global pandemic will be an important research topic in the future and the College Archives seeks to preserve these stories.
- Diary (summary of daily activities) or journal (reflection upon events daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Voice or video recordings
- Social media posts
- Poetry or short stories
- Digital art or photos of physical art
- The shift to distance learning
- Displacement from residence halls or off-campus housing
- Working your campus job remotely
- Staying in touch with friends and family
- The international student experience
- Returning from study abroad
- Student organization activities
- Social distancing
- Changes in leisure activities, celebrations, religious events
- The Pandemic within the Pandemic: racial disparities, police brutality, and protests
Kalamazoo College alumni are welcome to share their stories, too. Some of the same topics as above will be relevant but another pertinent question would be, “Is there an element of your Kalamazoo College education that is helping you to deal with today’s challenges?”
Check out the Archivist’s journal.
Submit materials by filling out this Google form. Don’t have a Google account? Contact College Archivist Lisa Murphy at email@example.com for other ways to make submissions.